Saturday, January 07, 2012

One thing I wish I would have done more of is record the funny conversations I've had with my kids over the years. So that's what I'm attempting to do now.

It's early evening, and the Mister has dropped Hatfield off at bowling, and is now bringing out his inner child at Toys R Us with the Boy Squad.

Paloma stayed home to help Mommy bake Daddy's birthday cake and wrap presents for tomorrow.

"I love to tape Mom. It's like I took a class in taping before I was born."

At one point, Paloma nearly slipped off the table bench when it slid away from the table while she was standing on it. I gasped a bit and said, "Careful, babe." To which she responded: "Don't worry, Mom. I'm trained in this."

I don't recall ever taking Paloma to a training class, but then again, I often confuse my children's names, and really, most of them look nothing alike.

While helping me, she whispered on the DL: "You don't have to pay me for wrapping, Mom."

And just now, while writing this out, she came in to let me know that when we were in the baking aisle at the grocery store, and we were by the birthday cake candles, in addition to the ones that are in the shapes of 1, 2, 3, 4, etc., "I am DEFINITELY POSITIVELY sure that there was one that was 39 in glittery numbers, Mom."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please add to the memory scrapbook Paloma's assessment of why people are attracted to her (humble, huh?)... "I have pizzaz!"

-Mr. "Father of Pizzaz Girl and Husband to Super Wife"