Friday, January 27, 2012

Memory Blanket

Last year I made the horrific discovery that the Mighty Miss Po had outgrown all of her 4T/5T footie jammies.

Outgrowing toddler footie jammies = she's not a baby anymore = a distraught Mama.

Unable to part with them, I piled up the pj's, which my mother spotted. "I have an idea," she said, and snagged the pile.

UPS just delivered the result of her brilliant idea:

A Baby Pajama Blanket.

I managed to stop crying long enough to take some pictures. How precious is this?!?!?!
She cut out and adorned a frog that graced the cover of a cuddly pink and green pair.
Sweet and girly adornments, including a little creature with a binky. Paloma was my Binky Baby, and carried a Yellow Binky Basket with her everywhere.
I will try to be a good mother and allow my daughter to cuddle with it, on the second and fourth Mondays of each month (I get it the rest of the days.)


Thank you, Mom, for a blanket that is beyond a treasure.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is truly a thoughtfully created and very unique keepsake. Your mother did a wonderful thing!

-Mr. Impressed

Anonymous said...

You people are almost as bad as micronesians.

Kelly said...

I adore this! How I wish I had something like this for my sweet kids!