Tuesday, December 13, 2011

On the First Day of Christmas

On the First Day of Christmas,
my True Love gave to me:



Our First Teenage Daughter


I still feel flummoxed at the notion that my very first baby girl is a teenager. I can recall every tiny detail about her birth and bringing her home from the hospital. I feel nearly panicked at the thought that in another year and a half, she'll be off to high school. If 13 years went by in a blink of an eye, how quickly will those final four years at home seem?

The Mister and myself and our entire family are beyond blessed to have Hatfield in our lives.

Here is the song Hatfield and I listened to over and over (and over) again all summer. I will never not hear this song and think of my girl. It's a great one to start off the morning, so crank it up and dance about wherever you are.


No comments: