Monday, October 31, 2011

When stubborn determination pays off

About a month or so back in September, I blogged about some MAJOR I-didn't-buy remorse I had after seeing the most perfect wrap ever during the Stitches Midwest Convention.

After reviewing dozens of vendor's websites and emailing a handful of them, I did indeed find the vendor offering the pattern/yarn for the wrap, and within a week I had it in my hot little hands.

Hours spent knitting my little heart out in airplanes, on Granny's couch in Seattle, in the car on my and the Mister's weekend getaway, 4 Knitty Tuesdays, and nearly every evening on my couch in between, and voila! My wrap is finished!

And I am In. Love. With It.



The colorway consists of 8 colors, wool-silk blend, knit two at a time in a grading color scheme, all in the linen stitch.


I am so pleased with the turnout that I'm even willing to break my own rule and post a picture of me taking a picture of myself, in a mirror, in my wrap.

I don't know why, but taking pictures of myself in a mirror makes me feel like a huge a$$hole. BUT, it's a burden I'm gladly willing to bear when it's taken in the name of determined knitting.

2 comments:

geralyn said...

You and the wrap are McGorgeous!

Essie the Accidental Mommy said...

it's soooooooooo beautiful!!!