Sunday, September 04, 2011

Hattie's Point of View

One of the disadvantages of being a homeschool student (in our home, at least), is that there is no back-to-school shopping extravaganza. Well, the Mister and I, and our checkbook, don't really chalk that up as a disadvantage.

And now that I think about it, my kids have more than enough clothing and really could care less about shopping. So why I state that this is a serious disadvantage, I'm not sure.

Years of doesn't-really-make-any-sense programming, I guess. So scratch the whole disadvantage comment; I'm too lazy to edit today.

Either way, Hatfield and I were at Target the other week, when she spotted and fell in love with these Chuck Taylor's.

On an aside, Did you know that Target carries Chuck Taylors now? I had no idea they were popular again. In high school, my boyfriend loved Chuck Taylors, and one time we wasted an entire Saturday driving around Green Bay and then the entire Fox Valley looking for a pair of Chuck hightops.

The sacrifices we make for young love, right?

Back to my girl. Realizing that she has never participated in back-to-school shopping, I thought it was fun to oblige.
Aren't they cute? I love them. I got such a kick out of the entire experience (ooo, punny! and I didn't even realize it until I re-read this), because this was the first time ever that Hatfield a) showed interest in clothing all on her own and b) answered decisively when I asked her if she would like me to buy them for her.

I also love the fact that she took a photo of her new kicks.

Also found in her week's upload (I never know what I am going to find after her uploads, and there's always a gem or two in there)

Her very best four-legged friend

and a good mantra for a teen-ager:
If you were a fruit loop, what flavor would you be? Does anyone even know what flavors are in fruit loops? I don't, but I would be yellow, because that's my favorite color. Plus, I sampled some really yummy lemon-coconut cake today, which I can't stop thinking about. Which is probably a really bo-rrrring answer. Can you imagine what Po's would be? It'd be something like: I'd be green, so I can be my own vegetable and then my mom would never make me eat veggies, or something like that.

3 comments:

Last Mom said...

Target also carries Converse brand. I got several flat "dance" style pairs a few years ago and LOVE THEM. I am addicted to Target. It's my happy place.

Justin Rogers said...

Your random, BUT I love it! Keep enjoying life!

Anonymous said...

Po would would be wildberry.

-Mr. Silly Rabbit