Monday, August 15, 2011

Unicorns, Rainbows and Marshmallows, Oh My


My baby girl Paloma is SIX years old today.
Miss Po is an itty bit, but the girl is Larger than Life. She keeps laughing, she keeps us on our toes and she keeps us in never-ending awe over her sharp wit (and potty humor.)
Life has never been, and will never be, the same because of our girl Paloma. And I wouldn't want it any other way.

Paloma is enamored with
All
Things
Unicorn.

So what more worthy way of celebrating her birthday than with a Unicorn-Laden, Rainbow-Draped, Pink-Buttercream-and-Marshmallow Birthday cake?

Seriously, this is the BEST WHITE CAKE ever. Simple, whole ingredients. Dyed with (highly toxic) food coloring to produce a magical rainbow of cake. (we tend to live on the edge here)

Delicious, moist, not overly sweet.
Perfection.
With Buttercream Frosting to die for '
(store frosting should be banned. Just sayin'.)

I started this blog shortly before Paloma's first birthday. And I'm so happy I did, because what a treat it was this morning to dig back through my archives. How my girl has grown is so bittersweet and my heart aches.

Sassy Second
Terrific Third
Fabulous Fourth
Favorite Fifth

And our girl today.
Who was SO excited for her Birthday-Cake-for-Breakfast
(a family tradition
Celebration
that she didn't even take off her sleeping mask.
Happy, Happy Birthday Po.
You are one of our greatest joys.
We love you forever and ever.



3 comments:

geralyn said...

YUM! That cake looks as scrumptious as little Po. Tell her happy birthday from the gang in ND! BTW, we may just be moving a little closer to you in the next 6 months!

Mighty Isis said...

As always, what a cake!! Hope you have a great day with your precious girl. Happy birthday, Po!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to my little girl. She is an absolute treasure!

-Mr. Proud