Sunday, January 30, 2011

So very, very Po

After having my mind blown a week back, when I realized just how much time I spend on children misbehaving vs. time I spend on children behaving, I have been seeking a new sense of balance.

So when Paloma suggested a Mom and Po Special Day, of course, I happily complied (see below post.)

We went to the mall. I could spend an entire post about how deeply I abhor the mall and the 3,000 reasons why, but instead, I shall post about why I absolutely loved my time there on Saturday.

Po decreed our schedule.

First, we purchased a fabulous Purple Puppy for her Build-a-Bears. Because, they apparently didn't need clothing; they just needed some Puppy Love.
Don't you love how Paloma closes her eyes? Do you know why she does? It is because, when she closes her eyes, "then I look like an angel, Mom!"

*snort*

After purchasing the Purple Puppy (don't you love how 5 year olds name things? When Hatfield was 5 and received an American Girl doll, she named her "American." We loved it!), we went over to the harness/bouncy ride.

Up
and Down
and Up Again.
Repeat ad nauseum.

You shell out $9.50 for 6 minutes. Gimme an R- an A- a C- K - E - T. . .what's that spell?!? How they figure that rate, who knows!

But, I will share that Paloma's 6 minutes were stretched to 20.

(AND, for the record, I have to state how COMPLETELY OFFENDED I was that the Mister, in his comment to the previous post, alludes to the fact that somehow it was Po and her Po-ness that got her 6 minutes stretched into 20. Of course, it could never be due to the fact that she has a totally smokin' MILF for a Mom. You truly played the wrong card in that hand, my dear husband.)

After we shook up Paloma's stomach, we then went to A&W where I purchased her a Hot Dog Children's Meal. Which is a big deal for Po. Because hot dogs are just about her all-time favorite food, and she got stuck with a kooky health-nut, vegetarian mother who doesn't buy hot dogs. Yeah, God's got a sick sense of humor sometimes, kid. But, at least she has a mom who is cool enough to throw away all sense of good health when outlined in a child's Special Day Edict.

Here's the anticipation:

Wow, look at that big ol' Chamorro muppet mouth!
After mowing down her hotdog, we went and rode the Younker's escalator an inordinate number of times. That is, until Paloma spotted these SUPER AWESOME MANNEQUINS WITH SPIKY HAIR.

So awesome that she requested her picture be taken with them.
Classic Po.

5 comments:

Essie the Accidental Mommy said...

Ohhhhh, that looks like so much fun! She is clearly loving that hot dog and her day with her Mom. How cool!

bbbunch said...

Some of my most most favorite days of all time were one on one special days with my Mom. When you have a bunch of kids in your family, having undivided attention is rare and wonderful. LOVE this post :)

Beck

Anonymous said...

Wow, I guess I need to improve my communication skills. What I meant to say in my last comment was that Po's cuteness extended things from the 19th to the 20th minute. I just assumed everyone knew minutes 6 through 19 resulted from Mr. Bungee-slingshot-contraption-in-the-mall flirting with a certain hot woman that was probably a big sister but was called mom by the little cute muppet jumping up and down.

-Mr. Married to a M-I-L-to be friends with (keepin it PG)

Sawatzky family said...

Love her "Angel" picture lol! Sounds like it was a wonderful day for you both! :) Great memories!

Tara - SanitySrchr said...

Sounds like a super-amazing day!