Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas 2010

'Twas the Night Before Christmas,
when all through the house
(still here in Green Bay!)

Not a creature was stirring
(which is, in and of itself, a true Christmas miracle)
Not even a mouse
(we won't even go there)

The stockings were hung by the chimney with care
(only because Sarah exclaimed at least 3 times a day:
"Ack! Don't touch the stockings! You'll pull down those sharp metal holders and crack your head open!")

In hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there
(well, 80% of our kids were hoping. The other 20% "knows" and won't share her knowledge for fear of not receiving an iPod.)

The Children
(still just the 5)
were nestled all snug in their beds
(Afraid not. Everyone but the eternally awake Paloma.)

While visions of sugar plums danced in their heads.
(just not the heads of the picky eaters.)

And Mom in her 'kerchief
(hand-knit by Sarah)
and Dad in his cap
(ditto)
had just settled down for a long winter's nap.
(Are you kidding me? On Christmas eve, Sarah and the Mister are in the basement, drinking Tom & Jerry's, desperately trying to wrap the presents before the kids awaken at 4 am)

When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter
(darn neighbor's dog! Oops, never mind. Ol' three-legged Ernie is still barking up a storm!)

We sprang from the matter. .
(Seriously, why aren't we ever allowed to sleep?)

* * * * * *

We're having a happy, peaceful, toy-filled, coffee-fueled morning here in the 5FC abode. From our house to yours, we wish you a very Merry Christmas!




Classic Scarlet Christmas
View the entire collection of cards.


1 comment:

ManyBlessings said...

LOVE

THE

CARD!!