Friday, November 19, 2010

Ordinary is good

A long, bumpy week full of ups and downs is finally coming to an end. I'm happy to say that things are moving back to a sense of normal.

Or at least as normal as it gets around here, right? ;)

The Mister's home, as it should be, and we've worked hard at working through this, as it should be.

In one of our smarter moves, we took the issue straight to our counselor instead of trying to work this out for ourselves. I have to say that our counselor is worth his weight in gold. Honestly, going to see him and talking this situation through was invaluable. Both in terms of the quality of our results, and in terms of time.

The counselor has a gift for honing in on issues and asking exactly the right questions to get to the heart of the matter. Had we tried to muddle through this on our own, it would have been messy and timely. Instead, we worked it through, feel good about it, and got back to focusing on the important things in life.

I cannot thank everyone enough for checking in on me, providing me with words or encouragement and prayers. Amy D., I got your message and seriously, you are like the sweetest person I know. Thank you, Amy and everyone.

Tonight, we are going out on a Date Night. A Double Date Night, actually, with one of the Mister's friends and his significant other. A rarity, because usually, we double date with my friends and their spouses. Which isn't to say that I don't like the Mister's friends, but it is because it's usually myself and my friend setting up the Date Night. Because my husband and his friends just don't set those types of things up usually. In fact, even though we're going out with the Mister's friends, it was the girlfriend and I who arranged it :)

After a long month of feeling like crap and being housebound, getting out tonight feels great. I can't wait for that glass of red wine and Penne alla Vodka. Yummy-yum-yum.

Funny how sometimes, life can be so boring (like the misery of being sick for a month), that I find myself wishing for some excitement. Silly me.

I'm going to take the opportunity to let Paloma remind me--and everyone else--that truly, it's okay to have an ordinary life and be an Ordinary Girl.



Have a great weekend.
Love,
Sarah

3 comments:

Amy said...

Glad to hear things are looking better. Hang in there!
Amy(TN)

Anonymous said...

wow she has grown...so beautiful my girl.....nina clarice

bbbunch said...

I love how that BIG voice comes out of that tiny body!!!

Glad to hear things are back on track...we all go through things like that, and I believe it strengthens our marriages.

Love you guys...enjoy your date :)
Beck