Sunday, November 14, 2010

Oops, I did it again

Yet another washing machine bites the dust.

Frick.
Frack.
Fug.

On the plus side, I have 5 kids to help me at the laundromat while I hunt for the most indestructible washing machine known to man. (Any input? Because so far I've killed off Kenmores, Maytags and Whirlpools.)

On the negative side, I have 5 kids' worth of dirty laundry.

So far, November is absolutely sucky. For the past month, I have fluctuated between fighting flu bugs and just feeling like crap in general. Now, I have been sick, really sick, in bed or on the couch since Wednesday. Went to the doctor on Friday to learn that, on the plus side, I do not have mono. Hooray. On the negative side, I have tonsillitis, sinusitis, and a left ear infection.

As of this morning, I have two children (Hatfield and Miles), sick in bed with the stomach flu.

Atticus is wrapped in the blanket on our other couch, complaining of a headache and looking paler by the second.

And Paloma and Keenan are filming the latest segment of our 5FC telenova, The Dueling Divas.

Sigh.

Seriously, I know that life could hand us far worse, and by comparison, this is just a season and we'll get through it. I just wish we could get through it faster. And healthier.

4 comments:

Joy said...

Maybe it's time for a GE model.

Our super-capacity GE Profile has been going strong for over 10 years now (no child-related laundry, but it has seen plenty of dirty work clothes, dog beds, and other dog-used blankets and whatnot).

Really, though, that's my only washing machine experience - so please take my input with a good old grain of salt!

Amy said...

Well stink! I hope all y'all are feeling better soon. A has mono but is doing well, thank God. We have a kenmore that's 10 or 12 years old. Got it at a scratch and dent place. Wish I could help you out somehow.
Amy(TN)

bbbunch said...

I'm telling you...I still have my Kenmore for 7 years now (damn! I probably just killed it!)

I'm so sorry you aren't feeling well! I wish there was something I could do...unfortunately we haven't been well here either :(

Love you and praying for a speedy recovery!
Beck

Anonymous said...

I once watched a show where American GIs made windmill-powered washing machines that apparently did the job in the Pacific during WWII. No reliance upon electricity, we could let the machine run all day (or at least until the wind died). Of course, we'd have to figure out how to incorporate hot water into it all....

-Mr. Frugal