Sunday, August 22, 2010

Three Bad Mother Runners

We are back from Madison.


Mother Runners Corey and Angie kicked that hilly half-marathon's ass.

I ran the 5K without rupturing an ear drum or barfing.

The weekend rocked.

On Friday night, being super nice high-maintenance vegetarians totally paid off for Angie and I as the chef at the Marriott made us amazing dishes of pasta with veggies and a white wine/olive oil sauce.

On Saturday after the race, we ate damn good Peruvian food.

And on Saturday morning, Corey Waters asked moi if I wanted to snuggle in bed.

Of course, I said yes.

Bet y'all are super j-e-a-l-o-u-s.

4 comments:

Corey said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

You totally cannot tell from that picture that you could have wrung the sweat out of my shirt.

Anonymous said...

Why eat/live/pray when you can eat/drink/run?

I think you guys should do a marathon (or other organized distance event) every year. Get together without the hubbies, the kids, etc. and just have a good time.

The dads and kids live their own movie-type life experience while you are gone. Its called "Mr. Mom"!

Thank you to Corey and Angie for getting my dear wife out of the house. Please take her away as much as you can- she deserves more memories like this. Besides, maybe sometime the kids and I can prove (given enough chances) that we can survive without her.

-One Proud Mister

geralyn said...

Purrrrr, I get to snuggle next with you. Is being second to snuggle, like being the rebound date??

AML said...

Miss Sarah-

I just checked the blog to see how it went. I have been following your training. Sorry to hear that you couldn't do the half. I know you had worked hard, but as you said there are many more half marathons and plus, the best part of racing is sharing it with good friends...mission accomplished.


Congratulations!

Anne Marie