Friday, August 20, 2010

Taking the good with the bad

Just waiting on the Angie and Corey Party Van to take us down to Madison! Here's the latest out of Green Bay.

The Bad: I have a bad ear infection with a half-healed blister on my eardrum (o-u-c-h), and my left tonsil is now infected.
The Good: My eardrum is intact.

The Bad: The doc said NO WAY to the half-marathon.
The Good: I can run (okay, she said walk, or slow running, and I only run one speed: slow) the 5-K if I feel better.

The Bad: I'm not feeling better.
The Good: I'm not feeling worse.

The Bad: I'm missing out on having Corey Waters' individual attention for 13.1 miles.
The Good: I get to hang out with Corey and Angie and some other awesome women in Madtown. Doesn't get better than that!

The Bad: I trained for TWELVE FREAKING WEEKS to run this gd half-marathon. TWELVE WEEKS. And I'm not running in a half-marathon.
The Good: My weekly base mileage went from 9 to 18.5. I ran further than I ever have in my life. I lost weight.

The Bad: Truly, there really isn't any more bad.
The Good: I'm blessed with an awesome Mister who takes on 5 kids without flinching and says, GO AND HAVE A BLAST!!! I have an incredible group of friends who get what I go through each and every day, and who teach me an invaluable amount of information. So I don't get to run 13.1 miles tomorrow. I still have an eardrum that works! And this isn't the last half marathon in the world. There will be others.

So really, it's all good.

4 comments:

Megan said...

Best of luck! Get better and have a fabulous weekend!

geralyn said...

Holy crap, you are S.I.C.K! I think you should get a room in a hotel, hole up with Corey and other fun gals, and drink lots of purely medicinal alcohol.

Hope you are up and at 'em soon. Take care chickie,
love ya,
G

Anonymous said...

You know, this reminds me of a time when my dear wife was in a sword fight with a black knight. The knight chopped off all her arms and legs and she said " c'mon, I'll still take you on. It's only a flesh wound!" (does a monty python reference define me as Mr. Dweeb?)

Seriously, I am proud of your dedication and spirit. There is something to admire about someone who has all of the maladies you have, which should keep you in bed, but you still want to run 13.1 miles. Doing a 5K is extra credit at this point, but I am proud of you regardless and I hope you are having a blast in Mad-town.

-Mr.

Corey said...

I think you should just stay in bed and snuggle with me..