* If a spider bites you and you think the rash you develop is ringworm, it isn't. Go and see a doctor before your infected arm begins to ooze itself into oblivion.
* Better to chow down a bowl of your least favorite cereal for dinner than take 5 children to the grocery store at 4:45 pm.
* Summer is short. Walk around your gardens each evening with a glass of wine or cup of tea or margarita, gazing at what is growing, and visit with your neighbors on the porch or even over the fence.
* Never underestimate the healing power of a bedtime story.
* In your twenties, buy a mixer from Goodwill. Then save your pennies and buy a KitchenAid. A KitchenAid is a miracle in and of itself. Buy one in a fun color. You will be able to pass it down to one of your children.
* Same with cookie sheets. Better to buy one excellent $25 sheet that will be going strong after 5 years than buy several $5 Target ones that are health-hazards within a calendar year.
* Pride goeth before a fall. Hard. Every time.
* Sex is a great escape that strengthens your marriage, relieves stress and feels frickin' awesome. So why not have as much as you can, when you can?
* Never take out a perennial garden and replace it with grass, thinking the grass will be less maintenance. It won't be, and you'll be replacing it in 2 years with another perennial garden.
* No one cares what your house looks like. And your kids will trash it anyways. Focus on making it a home instead.
* Little things like buying fun and different Popsicles make a summer for kids.
* You can never fake that you practiced your violin at a violin lesson. So don't even try.
* Read trashy novels and watch trashy tv and be proud of it. Cheap, easy escapes should never be underestimated.
* No matter how wonderful your skin is in your 20s, it will lose elasticity in your 30s. It will. So be prepared. Buy the high quality sunscreens, even if you are cheap, and start taking pharma-grade Omega 3-6-9's.
* Don't give a flying f**k about what anyone else thinks. You are entitled to your own thoughts and opinions, however unpopular they may be. My Mister has been telling me this for 10 years. And he's right (see that, Babe? I can totally admit when you are right!)
* A good haircut and cute shoes feel great.
* Everything is a season. Some are long. Some are short. But it's just a season. So relax and try and enjoy what you can.