Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Hitting the Pavement

Guess what I will be doing August 21st?!?

I will be running this:


with the Corey Waters and the Angie B and whatever other awesome gals who may join us.

I just registered this morning. And now I'm feeling a bit woozy.

One, because I actually not only get to meet Corey, but I get to run a half-marathon with her! And Angie! Who totally rocks but doesn't blog so you'll have to take my word for it! :)

Two, because that's the longest distance I have ever run. And being a type-A sorta gal that I am, I need a plan and I need that plan now. Then I will feel less woozy.

I have been working hard at doing things for me. This is one heck of a absolutely awesome way to do something just for me (and the shape of my derriere)

Corey, I'm gonna try really, really hard not to be a starry-eyed dork around you. I would feel totally awful if you had to return from Wisconsin and blog: guess what? I finally met a bloggy friend who actually is an IRL psycho!


8 comments:

Story of our Life said...

No darling...that IRL psycho would be me. OR maybe it would be both of us? Never know.

I'm not sure that I could run to the end of my block. I wonder if I would be able to run a 1/2 marathon.

IDK - I think I might die in the process. Or not.

Sawatzky family said...

You will do great chica! :)

Corey said...

ROFLMAO!

You are going to "be in my presence" for about 1.2 seconds before you are like.. "um.. I was starry eyed about.. THIS?!"

You can ask Angie how much of a Rock Star I am. NOTSOMUCH!

But I will tell you that I jumped up and down like a little kid in a candy shop when she told me you were gonna run it too!

Love you, girl!
xoxo

Lisa said...

You are going to do an amazing job! Say hi to Corey I love that girls spirit!!

Anonymous said...

That's my hot wife!

The kids and I are looking forward to cheering you on. Nothing better than for kids to see how incredible their parents are. :)


-Mr. "Now I'll have to run a half marathon too to keep my man card"

Salzwedel Family said...

I couldn't run a half marathon without having a stroke, but can I come hang out with y'all? Fun, fun, fun!

Sarah & Crew said...

Stephanie, OF COURSE you can join us! I hope you do!!!

Delcee said...

Madisonian here. Not up to running marathons but I have great fun watching them. Typically I find myself driving during a marathon and detouring around sweating bodies, speeding bikes, or a mix of folks with aching legs walking for a cause. But my favorite of all is the dog jog with maybe a hundred wagging tails and sniffing noses raising money for service dogs or some other good cause. That one I still can do.

Good luck Aug 21.