Thursday, April 15, 2010

Intervention

Dear Mister,

I love you. I love how you prefer to purchase your evening and weekend clothing at Goodwill. I love how you are a good steward towards our budget and the environment, devoutly not buying into the ever-wasteful, always changing fashion industry.

However, you really must stop bringing home Bon Jovi jeans.
Really.
Truly.
Stop.

The icy blue ones made me cringe. The faded black ones made me shudder. And the white ones you brought home? I nearly scheduled an exorcism for those. All colors aside, these jeans are wrong on many, many levels.

As frugal as we are, it does our budget no good when you buy jeans, only to have me donate them back to Goodwill when you are gone on week-long trips for work.

This is a sick, twisted cycle. It needs to stop. Please, babe, for the love of all things holy, leave the jeans at Goodwill. Where they belong.

Love,
Your Adoring Wife

4 comments:

Corey said...

ROFLMAO! I love you. And the Mr.

I wonder if he could find some MC Hammer pants. Those were big in the 90s. I had some. Soooo much comfier than Bon Jovi jeans, too.

Anonymous said...

Sarah,
Every rose has it's thorn,
Don't forget me when I'm gone,
More than words (can say),
I'm headed for a heartbreak,
When I see you smile,
Don't close Your Eyes (Kix),
Is This Love?
Only Time Will Tell
Don't know what you've got till its gone,
Kiss Me Deadly

I love you, even if you are going to deny and make fun of your 80's roots!

-Mr. Roboto

ManyBlessings said...

Oooo...but BonJovi was SO HOT!!! I practically had to fan myself as a 16 year old when those hotties came out!!!

ROFLMAO!!!!

bbbunch said...

Mr. C...you're killing me! Nice poem :)

Beau & I made a deal when we first moved in together...for every piece of clothing that I picked out and we purchased, I got to remove 7 things :) Great idea! Now, he isn't allowed to buy without me!