Monday, April 05, 2010

April's Mantra: Lighten Up

To find the back story on why each month has a mantra, read Here.

Last month's mantra was Aim Higher.
It was a great mantra to kick off Spring,
especially after a long
and trying
and claustophobic
winter.

But off with the old, and on with the new,
and April's mantra is:
Lighten Up.

Honestly, this mantra could not come at a better time.

Why?
Because I have:
5 active children,
1 traveling husband,
a senile beagle who barks (constantly) at the wind,
a messy house
and I am in perimenopause
(yeah, I got a great set of genes for that one. . .not!)

I could totally use a good dose of
Lightening Up

To kick off turning over this new leaf, I took all the kids to Dairy Queen right before dinner (I had a Buster Bar---yummy!), and then we played at the park.

Tonight, the Mister is going to make margaritas (on a Monday) and we are going to watch a funny movie.

And then this Thursday, my sister and I are going for a Pedicure. I have only had one pedicure in my entire life (and that was 4 children ago!), and I am sooooo looking forward to this.

Alas, while I don't think I'll finish out the month with a cleaner house, I think I can totally get used to this Mantra regardless.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh sweet lady you really need to go for a pedicure more often. I try to go every 6 wks. or so and it is splendid every time!! Enjoy your lightning up!!!

geralyn said...

Similarities are shocking. We have a dog on chemo, one with irritable bowel syndrome, and one dog that barks at the ceiling. And I'm in peri-menopause too. The only time I know for certain I'm going to get my period is when we plan a vacation. Sheesh, I love getting a little older, the unpredictability of my body and having 2 little boys. What was I thinking??? :)

geralyn said...

Similarities are shocking. We have a dog on chemo, one with irritable bowel syndrome, and one dog that barks at the ceiling. And I'm in peri-menopause too. The only time I know for certain I'm going to get my period is when we plan a vacation. Sheesh, I love getting a little older, the unpredictability of my body and having 2 little boys. What was I thinking??? :)

Sawatzky family said...

Pedicure = Amen!