Saturday, March 06, 2010

Perspective

I've spent the past few weeks feeling overwhelmed. 5 kids can do that to you. Really, any number of children, pets or even a single spouse all on his own can do that do you, right? But 5 kids is certainly doing it for me.

For the life of me, no matter how hard I worked, I always felt like I get *nothing* done.

For the past two weeks, my throat has been hurting. Badly. Then the headaches started. And by Wednesday my ear was ringing and I had stuff oozing from it, and I realized that Airborne and vitamin C weren't going to cut it.

Went to the doctor and was diagnosed with tonsilutis, a sinus infection, an ear infection and a perforated ear drum.

Ouch. If you have a child with an ear infection or ear drum issue, give them extra extra TLC, because I cannot believe how badly this mutha hurts.

I have spent the past 2 days in bed, throwing up from the antibiotics, feeling even more overwhelmed because now I was truly getting nothing done.

Then this morning, I showered and went downstairs. Looking around at my house, you know what I realized?

I get a whole lot of stuff done each day.

It took seeing just how much wasn't done to make me realize how much I actually do. Pathetic, but true.

Ha!

God Bless the Mister, this post isn't to put him down. The kids are happy, healthy and well-fed. Which is the important stuff.

The house, on the other hand, well, let's just say it's still standing.

It's all about perspective, isn't it?

Today the sun is shining and the snow is melting. I cracked the windows and have fresh air pouring into our house. I feel like the fresh air and sunshine are pouring into my soul as well.

It's a good day.

1 comment:

bbbunch said...

Oh Sarah! I'm SO sorry!!! I feel so sorry for you...you know I had some major ear issues myself recently...talk about Vicodin! And I'm STILL trying to clean the house and play catch up from it! Didn't you get the memo??? Moms aren't allowed to be sick! Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you lovey :)

Hope you feel much better very soon!
Love you,
Beck