Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Celebration

Yesterday, we Finalized the boys' adoption.

They are really, truly ours.

Being the Mama, I, of course, got choked up during the hearing when the Judge made a beautiful speech about family and the parent/child relationship. Don't tell anyone, but the Mister cried more than me.

My father was a Judge at the courthouse when he passed away in 1991. Going to the Courthouse and seeing his photo hanging in the hall is always an emotional experience for me.

Judge Hinkfuss' assistant has worked at the Courthouse since 1973. She knew my father well. She was so excited to see me and my family. Many of the Courthouse employees came around so they could meet Judge Fenwick's grandchildren.

After the hearing was over and our paperwork was notarized, we took the children over to Chuck E. Cheese for a big Celebration.

This was Keenan's first trip to CEC. He LOVED it.







The entire day was so emotional and special that it is hard to even put words to it. So I won't even try. Other than to say, we are so blessed.

6 comments:

geralyn said...

I am sooo happy for your family. The pictures are beautiful and you should treasure them. I would like to point out though, that if you continue to dress so nicely when dining at CEC, they are going to institute a dress code we could never live up to!! :)

Julie said...

Awesome looking family Sarah! Congratulations - I'm sure it was as incredible as you said!

bbbunch said...

Congratulations again my dear friend. We love you and are so happy for you all ;)

Chuck E. Cheese's. You brave, brave woman.

LOVE YOU!
Beck

Sawatzky family said...

Woot Woot!!!!
Congratulations...does not even cover it! :)
And seriously it is not natural for one family to be so good looking...stop it already! lol

Katy said...

Whooooohoooooo!!! CONGRATULATIONS!! what a long-awaited and very special day.

Stephanie said...

Congratulations on your special day!