Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Thankful

Jacci in OH posted this comment on my blog, offering her view on how to frame the context of our lives. I have found it tremendously helpful, and maybe you will too.

Last night I sat in front of my laptop bawling for all these reasons and more.

By the time I woke up this morning, the Lord had transformed my feelings of guilt to feelings of profound thankfulness.

Thankful that I could easily get clean water for my four children.
Thankful that they slept in warm, comfortable beds.
Thankful that I could give them breakfast that actually filled their tummies.
Thankful that I can be their mother - that they have a mother.
That they're all safe and here beside me.

We thank the Lord for our meals every time we sit down, but in the face of such devastation and need, this morning we thanked God Almighty from our hearts even more. All the time knowing our complete unworthiness, praying for those that experience a different providence.

This morning I AM thankful. More thankful for all these blessings in my life. More than I could ever have imagined, and far more than I could ever deserve.

Thank you, Jacci in OH, for taking the time to comment. I am very grateful to you!

No comments: