Sunday, January 10, 2010

Playing Hooky

Last week was not fun.

The kids were challenging.
The Mister was out of state.
And I had
(and still have)
an achy flu-bug of sorts.

This weekend, though, was pretty fun.
We sledded.
We bowled.
We completely neglected the house.

Tonight I decided to go grocery shopping.
I didn't want to go.
But the noise level in the house was killing me.
The mess in the house was killing me.
And I really needed a break from the kids.
But I was feeling achy and tired.
And I really didn't want to go.

So I got in the car and began driving towards the grocery store.
Although my car went in the Opposite Direction.
Over the river and through the mall parking lot.
To the movie theatre I rarely go to,
where I suddenly found myself parked.

"Screw it" I said to the grocery shopping.
I gave the Mister a quick update
(and received my Noble Knight's blessing.)
I bought my ticket.
My popcorn.
And my Non-Diet Cherry Pepsi.

Sometimes,
a full pantry isn't the best way to go into the week.

Sometimes,
Playing Hooky
and the restoration
relaxation and
recharging it brings
is the best way to go.

So that's exactly what I did.

4 comments:

Sawatzky family said...

What a great idea! lol
So what movie did you see?
Praying for full healing for that flu to!

ManyBlessings said...

Good for you. :)

Jenn said...

You deserved it!! What did you see?

Debbie said...

That a girl!! Your post made me smile :) Deb