Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Whew!

I'm still here! We're still alive!

The past week and a half has been a blur. We have been crazy busy with:

* Hatfield and Atticus' Christmas Dance Show. Which necessitated 10 hours of extra practice, sitting through a 3.5 hour long dress rehearsal on a Saturday morning, and then attending the two 3-hour long performances (they did great!). Followed by one HUGE, collective sigh of relief that we had that activity behind us.

* Keenan's 5th Birthday party. My Baby Boy turned 5 on December 7th! Pictures to follow later this weekend when I have more time to blog.

* The Mister's quarterly wrap-up at work. Which means lots of hours on the road and extra overnights away from home. And if the Mister is away from home, so is my computer access. Not that it matters because when I am on solo parent duty, I get so wiped out that I conk out on the couch at 8:30, and Hatfield has to wake me up so I can tuck her in for her 9:00 bedtime.

* The season's first snowfall and blizzard. A whopper! The boys are in H.E.A.V.E.N., which was followed by one huge sigh of relief on my part. I wasn't quite sure that they would love the snow (I had a feeling they would), but had they not, it would mean one looooonnnggggg winter of whining and disdain.

* The Mister and I leave in less than 24 hours for our big Warehouse Run. Truth be told, I am more excited to get away with my honey than I am for the whole warehouse thing. I have post-it notes with instructions on nearly every surface of my home to help out my mom and Grandma Sandy. The kids have cloths set aside and labeled for each day. Meals are planned. And we are packed.

Now let's just hope the weather cooperates and we can get the heck out of dodge tomorrow.

* Upon our return, I have made a vow to slow down for the rest of the month. No more plans or commitments shall be made. I'm even on the fence about taking on the whole Christmas card/newsletter thing this year. It just seems like too much work. I just want to hunker down with the kids, bake up a storm and have fun.

Have a great weekend!
Blessings,
Sarah

No comments: