Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Incognito


The U.S. government sent us Keenan's Permanent Resident Card (which, despite being permanent, has an expiration date. Go figure) with another child's photo on it. Yep, the kiddo on the card is NOT Keenan.

We need the card for something important (like the readoption). I don't recall what, but our local agency handling the re-adoption kind of wigged out a wee little bit, all under a professional demeanor.

So, I have the task of sending this V.I.Card back to where it came from. Which I think was someplace in Mesquite, Texas. Supposedly they will take his card and hunt down the appropriate photo.

I dunno. After everything we've been through with the United States Citizens and Immigration Services, I'm not feeling overly confident about their ability to straighten it all out.

I think my better option is disguising Keenan and trying to pass him off as the other child. Whaddya think?

5 comments:

Corey said...

Oh my. Next they may try to convince you that you just adopted the wrong child...

Anonymous said...

I see him and immediately think "I drink your milkshake!"

That, or "Why did I let my wife go to the 'Meet Tom Selleck' convention?"

Our little Keenan, man of a thousand faces!

(don't know what to say about the paperwork. I 'heart' the adoption process?!?)

-Mr. Clueless

geralyn said...

I guess he'll defintely need his own razor for christmas since he has such heavy facial hair. While your at it, get him some fake ID and some credit cards!! ;-)

Jeff said...

Are you sure that's not Cliffie? I dunno... that's one sharp looking cat!

Melanie said...

Ugh - to the paperwork saga. But, Oh! How stinkin' cute - to the picture! That little guy is just adorable!