Thursday, June 18, 2009

Dear Mister in Texas

Dear Mister,

We Miss You.

We really, REALLY Miss You.

Several times a day, each and every day, Miss Paloma asks where you are and when you are coming home. The answer never changes (Texas, Friday), but she still asks away. I don't think it's because she's a possible carrier for an inherited gene inhibiting her from remembering the answer to any question unless she asks it 3 times an hour. I think it's because she really, really misses you.

Granted, the repeated inquisitions are mighty annoying, but how can I get irritated with this sweet face?

This is what you have missed so far:

Your dear brother-in-law painted our bathroom.

Isn't it lovely?

Also, our second "new" used washing machine arrived yesterday. What happened to the first "new" used washing machine that I was so excited to receive last week?

Strange sound
Lots of convulsions
And, oh yeah,
Smoke.

So the washing machine people felt so badly they gave me a free upgrade to the Whirlpool that I was to frugal to purchase in the first place.

The last time I went to the laundromat was last Monday. I got a whole two loads in the Kenmore before it went up in smoke, so this is what our laundry hallway looks like Right At This Moment:

I bet you're glad you're not here!

Seriously, though, if this mountain has disappeared by the time your plane lands tomorrow, you can sleep well knowing that I was doing laundry all day and not riding around all day with the hot UPS man in his big brown truck.

Lastly, Mister dear, I owe you a HUGE apology. For all the times I internally (and maybe audibly) griped about your assumed involvement in the "Empty Toilet Paper Roll Caper" that so often occurs in our abode.


See? It is still occurring. Effective immediately, you have been removed from my 10 Most Wanted list in this caper.

We love you.
I can't wait until you're home.
And it's not just because I'm tired of the kids
asking me about when you're coming home.
It's because I miss you.

1 comment:

Salzwedel Family said...

We need to get together Sarah. I'm going to take you up on that margarita offer very soon!