Saturday, May 09, 2009

Recital Videos

Here it is. . .
by popular demand
(okay, by the demand of two comments)
. . .our Twinkle Duet Debut!

Our camcorder is uncooperative as of late, so I had to videotape the recitals on my little Palm Centro. Which meant that I had to find the Installation CD and figure out how to use the darn thing to it's fullest capabilities (I've only had it for 5 months), but that is besides the point. The video is not bad, but the sound leaves something to be desired. Which is funny, considering that I was videoing music recitals.

The first video is of last night's violin recital. Honestly, our violins sound like true violins and not the techno-scratchy-wonky sound that plays on the video. But, even though the sound is wonky, you can still hear what we played.



I do have to add one cute story from Atticus' recital. When he first went up on stage, he squared his feet, set up his violin and began to play away. Completely forgetting that his teacher was to accompany him on the piano. Lauren (his teacher) and I began to say, "Atticus. . Atticus" and he was a good 2 lines into his piece before he heard us.

As my mom pointed out, most children would have been mortified. Not our Atticus. His face lit up with a smile. "Atticus, you have to wait for me to start playing the piano first," Lauren gently reminded. "Oh! Okay!" he said, nodding. He happily reset his bow, waited for his cue and began again.

That's our boy. A happy-go-lucky who takes it as it comes. I am so proud of him.

This video is Hatfield's piano recital from this year. Her first piece was played as a duet with her teacher. The second piece sounds "off" at first, due to the video audio, but I assure you that it wasn't off at all. The piece is entitled Japanese Temple, so the effect was a haunting, Eastern feel.



I am so proud of my two children and their accomplishments. I admire at how calm, cool and collected they were prior to each recital. I, on the other hand, did not feel so calm and cool before my turn on the violin stage. But I did it! And I'm glad it's over.

So 2 recitals down, 1 to go. Next weekend, I get to sit back, relax and watch the Mister's debut in the Dad's Dance. That is video I will certainly post.

3 comments:

bbbunch said...

Thank you for posting both videos :) You all did a wonderful job!!! Good for you for joining in Sarah...and I can't WAIT to see the father/daughter dance :) Hope you had a great Mother's Day!

Love ya,
Beck

Anonymous said...

Shameless plug- I am proud of my children, I am proud of my wife, and I am proud of my family.

(Wish I could play an instrument. Maybe I'll learn something- Supermom is very inspiring).

-Mr.

Darla said...

I, am so proud of Atticus, Hatfield, and of you also Sarah. I totally agree with your thoughts on music and dance. Keep up the good work.

Love, Granny