Friday, May 29, 2009

COPY C(r)A(f)T

My ugly, dirty paint-speckled step stool has long been a fixture at my kitchen sink, to assist children in their child labor. . er. . chore of dish washing.

But the darn ugly, paint-speckled thing was such an eye sore that I felt the need to whisk it into the garage each time a visitor popped in.

But dear brilliant Beckie over at Infarrantly Creative worked some great voodoo with an ugly ol' stepstool, blogged here, and I thought, Eureka! I can totally do that.

So I did.

I should have taken a before picture, but alas, I did not. So picture a super ugly dirty step stool. That's the before.

Here's the after:

How cute is this?

I love the red. I had a nice 90% full can of red spray paint just sitting in my garage, left over from when I repainted our red tricycle.

I made a little cushion from a Fed Ex box, some batting, and leftover fabric from my kitchen window treatments (Jimmy did the windows, so they're actual treatments. Had I done them, they most certainly would have been mistreatments. You Nesters know what I'm talking 'bout.)


Now my children actually fight over whose turn it is to wash dishes.

Thanks, Beckie, for sharing this stroke of genius!

2 comments:

Sawatzky family said...

WOWZA!
Great job!
I need a cool red step stool!
LOVe IT!
Shelly and gang

bbbunch said...

Seriously too cute!!! LOVE it!!! Makes me wish I had an ugly step stool too!

Becky