Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Something Stinks Around Here

This morning we have our Homestudy Update appointment with our local adoption caseworker. Although this is the second update to the homestudy, I still get that sick, nervous knot of worry in my stomach while I obsess and insist that the house must be perfect.

So last night the Mister and I snuggle down in bed, exhausted. He shifted around the covers, put his arm around me and immediately, I got a whiff of something bad.

Really bad.

Like skunk bad.

So I started sniffing him.

Which I think he took offense to.

Don't you smell it? I said, nearly gagging.

I think he took offense to my near gags, too.

Maybe a dog got sick? he suggested, getting up to turn on the light.
He walked away, but the smell did not.

Suddenly, a little form worked its way out from underneath the covers.

And there she was,

our little french version of Pepe le Pew.

Sometime yesterday, there was quite the cacophony of noise outside when I had let the dogs out to do their business before retiring for the evening.

They probably are chasing a squirrel, I thought.

Au contraire, mon frere.
They had an encounter with a skunk.
The night before our homestudy update.

And now it's the day of our homestudy update.
And now my bedding smells like a skunk.
So does our carpet.
Hatfield's lower bunk.
Paloma's bed.
Paloma's carpet.
The family room couch.
The family room chair.
The front hall rug.

Eau de Skunk.
It stinks.
On many levels.
Lovely.

6 comments:

bbbunch said...

Someday soon we will laugh about this!!! WOW! Of all the days! I got sprayed by a skunk once. On vacation. I was in 8th grade. It was terrible!

Salzwedel Family said...

Oh my! Eau de Skunk is bad stuff. I'm sure your homestudy lady will get a kick out of it.

Anonymous said...

On the bright side, I think it would only take one can of tomato soup to give our midget dog a bath.

=Mr.

Sawatzky family said...

Oh man!
Talk about bad timing! lol
Funny but not funny but funny!
Praying today goes well....which of course it will :)
luv ya
shelly

Melanie said...

Oh no! Well, it certainly is a good conversation piece during the homestudy ;-)

Melanie said...

How'd the study go?