Monday, April 06, 2009

Meet Reese, My Ever So Patient Waiting Buddy

Please meet my most patient friend, Reese:



This morning, I found out that our adoption meeting was being held this morning.

I did very well until 1:30 p.m. That was the time I had decided would be more than reasonable time to expect news.

Of course, that was really stupid of me, because that time came and went with nary a phone call or email.

So I called upon my good friend Reese. Patient, endearing and delectable. A great combo of traits for a friend, don't you think?

Sadly, Reese has lost a lot of weight these days. Down to a scant 1.1 oz from her previously voluptuous 10 oz.

Succumbing to societal pressure to be uber-thin, I suppose.

Somewhere in the house, I hear Reese's cousin, Easter Egg Reese's Cup, is visiting for the holidays. I hear the Mister "hid" her somewhere at Reese's request, because Reese wants my attention all for herself.

The Mister might be getting a phone call to put a stop to that nonsense once and for all.

Totally random side note:

I love Reese Peanut Butter Cup Easter Eggs. LOVE them. Which is why the Mister must hide them from me (at my request.) I love them so much and ate so darn many of them during my first pregnancy that I nearly named my newborn daughter Reese instead of Hatfield. So every time I hear of a child named Reese, I can't help but wonder.

2 comments:

geralyn said...

I have a similarly wonderful, ever-present, faithful friend named Cadbury. Unfortunately she causes my thighs to get wider, but my mood does improve when she is visiting. Lately, thanks to Easter, Cadbury has moved in here. Hope your meeting went well and your kids are home ASAP.

Anonymous said...

I have a friend named Heath but he's no match for a liquidy fellow named Seagram the 7th. That man seems to make everything a.o.k.

-Mr.