Wednesday, April 01, 2009

GotCHa!

We had a good day of pranks and tom-foolery here in our house today. This morning, Hatfield poured her (almond) milk into her cereal and became alarmed as her milk slowly began to turn a shocking shade of smurf blue.

The Mister was a bit nervous today after tasting the delicious homemade, from-scratch brownies at lunch time today. When the kids asked for a brownie, I made sure the Mister was within earshot when I whispered, "No, Mommy does not want you to eat these brownies."

A look of horror came across the Mister's face as he asked me what I put in them.

"Oh, a little bit of this and a dash of that."

He spent the rest of the afternoon sitting as close to rest rooms as possible, so sure was he that I had baked laxative brownies for him (I didn't.) The little dash of this and that were some Ghiradelli chocolate chips.

This evening, Cliff and I got all the kids with Faux Orange Kool Aid. First of all, we NEVER have Kool Aid in our home, so the kids were SUPER excited to see what Mom set out.

The joke was on them, when they discovered it wasn't Kool Aid in the glasses,

it was Jell-O.


But, the joke was on Mom in the end. When I ran upstairs after dinner to freshen up before heading out to the store, the kids poured out the remainder of my beer and filled the bottle with lemon juice.

They HOWLED hysterically while Mom puckered and sputtered.

It's been a good day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The brownies were delicious. If you think about it, there's no way laxatives would have been used. Imagine the April Fools Day prank she'd have to deal with if I did eat Ex Lax brownies!

=Mr.

ps- The jello kool aid rocked!

Melanie said...

I love the jello kool aid idea!

Ev got me with...mom, remember we have a half day of school today. She is a very good actress!

Have a fun weekend!