Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Cha-Ching!

Yesterday afternoon, I listed something for the first time ever on Craig's List. I had been procrastinating doing so for several months now, but yesterday I got my act together and spent a whole ten minutes to do so.

And today, I made my first sale!

I sold this wall art:



for $40!!! The item originally cost $80 at Kirkland's, but I'm pretty sure I bought it for $35 or so during a clearance sale. It's a very pretty piece, but I'm trying to get rid of the 'department store' feel in my living room. It's just not me.

Not bad for ten minutes of work!

3 comments:

Me said...

Very cool. I have two boxes of stuff I've been meaning to list on Craigslist but since I've never done it before I didn't know how difficult it would be so I've been procrastinating. You have motivated me!

This Mama said...

Nice!!

I have to clear out a bunch of our stuff for our move. Hopefully I have some good luck like you did. I think stuff sells for waaay more than a garage sale, no?

Take care
Mandy

small town girl said...

Ohhh

I have to do this too. I literally have a kitchen sink (remember when I remodeled my kitchen) and a pink razor phone that I bought on E-bay that would not work for me.

Thanks for posting this!