Thursday, March 26, 2009

Next Fall, I'm getting the flu shot



It's not the stomach flu this time around (thank goodness), but my sinus/ear infection certainly wasn't bacterial. The antibiotics have yet to do any good, while the fever, chills and headaches keep getting worse.

The Mister came home from his trip late last night, sick with this flu. His body has some voodoo-like ability (ancient Chamorro secret, he says) to process the flu in 12 hours flat. The dear man is staying home this morning to take care of me. Right now I can hear him trying to maintain an upbeat happy voice while coaxing Paloma to get dressed in less than 30 minutes, all the while she maintains an endless chatter about anything and everything (except getting dressed.)

That girl takes "island time" to a whole new level :)

I have a lot of paperwork to do for the second time and send to Haiti. Paperwork I sent a while back, so it needs to be resent to guarantee that it is available when needed. I'm stressed because it requires a trip to a notary, but I feel horrible, and I want it there by next Wednesday. At the same time though, my 'dream' plan requires the USCIS/US Consulate to work at a pace that they have never quite worked at before, so I know that it's probably not worth making myself even more worn down for.

Yet, if I don't at least try, then I feel like I'm failing the boys somehow.

The whole thing has me frustrated and in tears. This whole hope of having the boys home soon has me feeling like I'm just setting myself up for disappointment. I know that my headache and fever is affecting my attitude, and tempering the way I see and feel about things

If I could somehow just learn to live on Paloma's island time, life would be so much simpler.

I have a lot to learn from my little island beauty.

6 comments:

bbbunch said...

I'm so sorry you are still sick Sarah! Mine took about a week before the antibiotics made a difference! Please let me know if there is anything that I can do for you...seriously!!! Love you!

Beck

Me said...

Sending hugs to you. I hope you're feeling better soon. Keep your chin up-you may get really great adoption news next week. That's what I tell myself anyway! Love ya!

small town girl said...

Someday the hope will pay off. But honestly, it's so much more difficult to grasp that when sick. At least for me.

Thanks so much for your comments today, it really made my day.

And next year like you I will get the flu shot. Not going thru what happened this year again if we can help it!

Hang in there. Your friends are lifting you up.

Anonymous said...

Part of the reason for your extended illness has been my inability to take time off for you to rest. For that I am truly sorry.
Another reason has to do with the fact that, even on your deathbed, I need duct tape, straightjackets, and iron shackles to keep you in bed resting when I am around. Again, I am sorry. I have a feeling it has to do with fear for me feeding the children oreos for dinner and letting them do all sorts of destructive things. ....
=Mr.

Leslie said...

I'm sorry--I hope you feel better soon and that you hear GREAT news soon.

Jenn said...

Poor you, enough sickness already! Feel better soon.