Monday, March 23, 2009

Just to Clarify Our 'Just in Case'

I've been receiving emails,
phone calls,
and Face Book comments,
all congratulating me that the boys
are about to be home.

Which are all so heartfelt and lovely,
that I hate having to point this out,
but I must, so I don't get too many hopes up.

Just to clarify my Just in Case posts below.

Our plan is NOT a slam dunk.

Quite the contrary.

Our plan is a

Full Court,
Down-to-the-Buzzer,
3-point,
Hail Mary Attempt.

And those don't succeed very often.

But every once in a while,
it does work.

And that is what we are preparing for
and praying over.

Just in case.

Edited to add: Additionally,
our meeting has been moved.
To the 31st.
Stretching that already loooonnnggg Hail Mary shot
a little bit longer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Every once in awhile, a hail-mary pass or throw is received and history (or at least a memorable moment) is made.

Nothing wrong with crossing our fingers. Even if its a longshot, even if the odds are stacked, a slim chance is still a chance!

(heck, I even found a woman to marry me. And she was SOBER at the time of the ceremony!)