Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Delivery Day

Today and tomorrow, the Mister is away, staying in a big fancy room at a swanky hotel, where there's a fancy pool with potted palm trees. He is there for business; the children and I were going to be there for a little getaway.

Until, Mom got sick.

A sinus infection, right ear infection, fever and chills is keeping me down for the count. Poor Hatfield had the same thing, but she recovered much more quickly.

I scored with the fact that the next door neighbor teen/babysitter is on Spring Break with nothing to do. So I hired her to come and play with the kids, while I laid in bed and slept.

Then I awoke, showered, and hobbled my stuffy, medicated head into both the Post Office and Target.

At Target, my "I-ruined-my-family's-vacation" guilt enticed me to make an impulse purchase of the movie Bolt.

I love Rhino. He's so darn cute.

And if that wasn't enough, I then ordered Chinese Delivery for dinner.



The kids loved it.
They raved
and oohed
and aahed
(we rarely eat out/get delivery,
so it's an extra special treat
when we do),
and each had two helpings.

I couldn't smell or taste the deliciousness.

Now I am counting down the hours until bedtime.

And until the Mister returns home.

And until I can breathe again out of both nostrils.

Although right now, I'd happily settle for one.

2 comments:

bbbunch said...

Oh Sarah! I'm SO sorry!!! I probably gave it to you (over the phone) because that is EXACTLY what I had :( I hope you feel better soon my dear and I'm sorry that you missed the swanky hotel stay, I know you were looking forward to it. If we keep this up, we'll never see each other again!!! Let me know if you need anything, okay?

Love ya,
Beck

Anonymous said...

I O U one relaxing weekend of pampering. Thank you for everything you do at home, even when its difficult.

-Mr.