Sunday, February 15, 2009

And VomitFest '09 Continues. . .

On Monday, Hattie wandered into our room at 4:30 am saying she thought she was going to throw up.

Which she promptly did.

On Tuesday morning, Cliff was holding Paloma in our kitchen. "My belly hurts," our little peanut lamented. I locked eyes with my Mister and before we could even telepathically communicate, "Do we have time to race her to the bathroom, or shall the garbage can suffice?" Paloma let out a huge "Brraaaaccck," and projectile vomited over the entire kitchen.

On Friday morning at 1 a.m., Atticus sauntered into our bedroom. "I think I threw up," he said. The Mister sleepwalked his way to Atticus' room to check on any possible vomitage.

"So did he?" I asked the Mister when he returned to the room.

A blank look greeted me: "Did he what?" Followed by instant snoring.

At 1:05 am, Atticus was paying homage to the porcelain god. Poor baby boy.

At 6:30 am, I discovered the vomitage in Atticus' room which our Sleepwalking Vomit Inspector failed to find.

By 2 a.m. this morning, it was MY turn.

4 down, 1 to go.

VomitFest '09.
Fun, fun and more fun.

7 comments:

Kim said...

Oh yuck! I am sorry you are all going through this. Get well soon.

small town girl said...

Oh, I am so sorry. Hang in there!!!

(((hugs)))

Marta

Anonymous said...

Sorry, no vomiting here. I'm (almost) indestructible and, given that I can eat things that make our dogs yelp, its unlikely that I'd ever do a Linda Blair.

Of course, the strength I have makes me look only slightly sick when I am at death's door and do require bedrest......
-The Mr.

Stephanie said...

Oh Lord this sounds awful but i was laughing the whole way thru your post!

Tracy said...

ohhhhh, been there done that....it's the worst, isn't???? Hopefully the end is in sight and it will be a long time before you see any vomit stuff again! :)

Sawatzky Kids said...

Praying this passes quickly for you guys! YUCK!!!!
Shelly and gang :)

Anonymous said...

Just want you to know that I love you, miss you, and hope you are feeling better. I ran 5k to try to get in better shape (to match up to your fit sexiness)and heard a song that reminded me of you. Here are some lyrics from the song (disclaimer- may not be 100% accurate but its close):

If tomorrow is judgement day
And I'm standin' on the front line
And the Lord ask me what I did w/ my life
I will say I spent it with you

If I wake up in World War II
I see destruction and poverty
And I feel like I want to go home
It's okay if you're comin' with me

Cause your love is my love
and my love is your love
It would take an eternity to break us
And the chains of Amistad couln't hold us

If I lose my fame and fortune
And I'm homeless on the street
And I'm sleepin' in Grand Central Station
It's okay if you're sleepin' with me

As the years they pass us by
we stay young through each other's eyes
And no matter how old we get
It's okay as long as I got you babe

If I should die this very day
Don't cry, cause on earth we wasn't meant to stay
And no matter what people say
I'll be waiting for you after the judgement day

-Mr. Miss you much