Friday, December 19, 2008

On the 6th Day of Christmas

On the Sixth Day of Christmas, my true love gave to me:

(our backyard)

Six inches of fluffy white snow!


(and still counting!)

Winters in Wisconsin may get long, grey and dreary come February and beyond, but there is nothing more magical than a sparkling white Christmas. Looking at our forecast, we are certain we will be celebrating our Savior's birth in a Winter Wonderland.

What an incredible gift, indeed.

To recap:

Six Inches of Fluffy White Snow
Five Original Series Nancy Drew's,

Four -- Two DNA tests at the Maryland Lab (who care's if it isn't four? This news is too big not to include!)

Three Special Gifts from Granny and Papa
,
Two Perfectly Accurate Haitian Passports and

One Heirloom Ring

4 comments:

Jen said...

Sigh....I wish I was able to get as excited about snow as you are.

bbbunch said...

YAAAAAAAAY! Makes me want to be in a snowball fight, go sledding, make a snowman, snow angel and then come in, put my clothes in the dryer, sit by the fire and drink hot cocoa with extra marshmallows like when I was a kid. Those were some of my FAVORITE childhood memories! I LOVE SNOW!!!

Beck

Anonymous said...

It is kind of funny to realize that, for the reputation that Wisconsin and the midwest has, more Christmases have been celebrated without snow on the ground here than with snow. In any event, nothing like seeing snow outside and realizing someone has to shovel it (nothing is as good of a job security for a husband than snow shoveling, dog poop picking up, and trash tossing).

-Mr.

Aves @ Call of the Phoebe said...

You are tagged; http://callofthephoebe.blogspot.com/2008/12/fabulous-tag.html

aves