Wednesday, December 24, 2008

On the 11th Day of Christmas

On the 11th Day of Christmas, my true love gave to me:


Wanda "I'll never Wander because I'm too busy trying to herd you"
the Border Collie (4 legs)



Trixie Belle "Watch it or I'll tear your face off" the Papillion (4 legs)


Ernie "If you try and call me Tripod, my owner will beat you down"
the Wonder Beagle (3 legs)



11 paws tracking in snow and ice.

I don't know which is more difficult to train: our 3 dogs to use the kitchen door/garage entrance (so all the snow and ice are tracked onto easy-to-clean vinyl) or my 3 kids and Mister to actually use the kitchen door to let the fur beasts in and out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny story to add- I always wondered how my father-in-law caught Ernie when he used to escape and run away (when Ernie was young, now he shows no interest in bolting for the horizon). Ernie was fast and I always had a hard time catching him. One day, maybe a year ago, Boppa brought up the good ol' days of chasing Ernie. When I asked how he caught Ernie so quickly, he said, "Well, with that missing front leg, when he tries to make a turn in that direction, he spills out onto his chest. Its just a matter of getting him to run in that direction." Ooooh, and all I ever did was see if I could outrun and outlast the little three-legged demon.

Good post. 11 legs, makes me wonder what #12 will be!

-Mr.