Tuesday, December 02, 2008

And yet another week lost

Overly anxious (what an understatement) to find out if our DNA tests were taken in Haiti, I bypassed all my usual inquiry avenues. I decided to call the lab itself to find out if they were taken.

Nope.

The DNA tests from Haiti just came in, and ours weren't among them. They'll get their next batch of tests from Haiti next Tuesday.

So 7 more days of nothing advancing.

7 more days to put off their homecoming.



(Aren't these pictures fabulous? Many thanks to my Canadian friend who snapped them while in Haiti to bring her two gorgeous little girls home.)

I'd be lying if I said I'm not completely depressed about this whole situation. It doesn't help that Thanksgiving Day marked our 1 year anniversary of getting out of IBESR.

At Church on Sunday we had a substitute preacher. I'll admit I was a bit disappointed at first, but boy, did he say things my ears needed to hear. His topic was Peace, and Holding One's Peace. I am holding fast to these scriptures:

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.
-John 14:17

The Lord will give strength unto his people; the Lord will bless his people with peace.
-Psalms 29:11

But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew {their} strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; {and} they shall walk, and not faint.
-Isaiah 40:31

Sometimes just clearing my mind and focusing on just the basics helps more than anything. And when it comes down to the bare bones basics, it's this: this is what we are meant to do. These boys are ours, and we will wait however long we need to, no matter what trials await. Each and every day, whether our files progress or we sit stagnant, is one day closer to the day we bring them home.

5 comments:

bbbunch said...

And thank goodness that as you waited to be united as a family...they are healthy, happy and beautiful! What a blessing to have those pictures! I am sorry that you have another 7 days of wait, I truly am. Thanks for sharing those scriptures, they are wonderful. Much love,
Becky
By the way...great painting! Can't wait to see it!

Anonymous said...

My Dearest Sarah,
I know the whole process hasn't been easy and that every new piece of non-positive information hits hard. At times like this, I am glad the kids can witness your strength and grace in being able to persevere (sp?) without stumbling or showing any fatigue. Your character shines in moments like this- what you feel inside is natural, how you react, that is wonderful.

-mr.

Dawn S. said...

Blessings, my friend.

small town girl said...

Very well said. And here is to hoping and praying for some progress. Your boys are beautiful and I can hardly wait for the day that they get home.

T and T Livesay said...

Oh.my. head! You have been OUT of IBESR for a year? Wow. I have no words --- this sucks. I am so sorry!