Monday, December 01, 2008

And since the Mister already had the paintbrushes and tarps out. . .

it seemed like the ideal time to repaint the kitchen.

Jimmy painted the kitchen shortly after we moved in. I picked the greenish-khaki color. Big mistake.

I loved the color on my friend's family room walls in Milwaukee. Her family room had 15-foot ceilings, an entire wall of ginormous windows, and several skylights.

Our kitchen has low ceilings, brown cabinets and a mere 2 windows.

No wonder something got lost in translation. Thank goodness I have a great motto:

Live.
Learn.
Re-Paint.

(Point: The Mister would like me to take a moment here to note that his personal
motto is missing the "re-paint" part of it.)

(Counter-Point: The Mrs. would like to point out that it's a darn good thing she "completes" the Mister, so now he too can have "Re-Paint" in his motto.)

Touché.

Here is a photo from last New Year's. It was the first I found that showed the "Before" wall color.

Greenish-khaki isn't a bad color. I like how it makes the Fiesta Ware Red pop. It just wasn't right for our kitchen.

The kitchen is now a cheery Sunlit Yellow.


I am a Yellow Kitchen sorta gal. We also repainted the kitchen hallway, which is one of my favorite spots in the house.


I could never get tired of looking at these cute faces.



Now it's all the more enjoyable on my cheery Sunlit Yellow walls.

5 comments:

laura said...

Love the yellow!!!

Amanda said...

Nice!

Anonymous said...

I have to say that I love the yellow color. I don't know if its out of laziness or habit, but the green color was okay. Its like having a knob that doesn't work in your old car- you get used to it and don't mind the fact that its there, imperfect.

Of course, the room looks larger, and its fun to do these things. I love my wife and can't wait until she demands I re-do the garage and buy power tools so that it can stage the ultra masculinity that permeates the place.

-Mr.

Melanie said...

Now you have a 'moonlit' room and a 'sunlit' room...very nice!

did you read my blog...I'll be doing some kitchen painting in my future...maybe I can have 'somethinglit' too...anything left?

Sawatzky Kids said...

What busy bees you have your place! Lookin good in the kitchen! ;0
Shelly