Monday, November 24, 2008

Snow Day!!!

This morning we awoke to this wondrous sight to behold:

So Mom, Head Teacher of the Five Frozen Chamorro Academy, officially declared today a

SNOW DAY HOLIDAY.

One of the great many privileges of homeschooling (yes, I am one of *those* crazy parents who actually likes being with their kids all day and even, gasp, thinks it a privilege), is that on the FIRST day of substantial snow (meaning you can make a snow angel, pack a snowball and need to shovel), I can declare a Snow Day Holiday.

What do we do on a Snow Day Holiday (hey, don't roll your eyes, I'm not sure if my Guamanian readership knows!) Something like this:

Play in the snow

Drink hot cocoa and listen to Christmas music
(Mom dries snow clothes in dryer)


Play in the snow


Eat homemade vegetable noodle soup
(Mom dries snow clothes in dryer)


Play in the snow
Drink more hot cocoa and watch Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer
(Mom dries snow clothes in dryer)

Play in the snow

All done.

(Mom breaks out the drying rack for fear of the dryer blowing up into a huge blazing fireball)

Happy Snow Day Holiday Everyone!



8 comments:

blessedfamily said...

ahhhhh... nothing says holidays like snow, hot cocoa, the ORIGINAL Rudolf and Christmas music! I am sooo jealous now. Can I come to your house?

I promise I'll be good!!

Amanda said...

Oh my goodness what a FUN, FUN, DAY!!!!!!!!

Aves @ Call of the Phoebe said...

You received a whole lot more snow than we did. We just had a dusting!!

aves

Wife to the Rockstar said...

I miss snow!

Anonymous said...

A man from a tropical island must really love a woman to choose, happily and of his own volition, to live in a subarctic permafrost tundra.

True love is standing by your wife even when its 30 below zero and all of nature's animals have the sense to get out of Dodge!
-Mr.

small town girl said...

We get a snow day once every few years. That was really cute. Reminded me of growing up in the mountains, and the first snow was always a big deal!

bbbunch said...

So yesterday after church I took the kids to Target (alone...Beau was hunting - er - up north with the guys :) to get tape and let them look at all the beautiful Christmas decorations (it was fun to hear the baby say WOWEE!) and then I remembered that they needed new snowboots because they had grown out of them. By the time we got to the shoe section it was WAY into Lilly's nap and she was done. Very over done in fact. So I decided to put it off for another day that I could concentrate on it. Then I woke up to snow! Figures! I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE snow...but couldn't believe it! Oh well - we managed! Love the pictures! (By the way...have you tried the Peppermint Mocha creamer yet? I'm addicted. Seriously - I need a program!)
Love ya,
Beck

Sawatzky Kids said...

Gotta love those snow days!!!!
Shelly and crew