Thursday, November 20, 2008

Making a deal with the devil. . whoops, I meant dentist

How to have a very successful dentist practice.
by The Mrs.

1. Have a warm waiting room.


Not hot, not cold. Cozy and warm. A fireplace is a lovely touch.

2. Have a great selection of children's toys which are clean and unbroken.


I'm talking crayons here.
No nubbies.
No peelies.
No dullies.

3. Have a pi├Ęce de la resistance.

A great suggestion: a SOUNDLESS child-sized video arcade game with easy, non-violent games.

Did I mention it is SOUNDLESS?

4. Have a great selection of magazines for those surprised parents who find themselves twiddling their thumbs because their kids are happy, peaceful and occupied.

Magazines that are current, clean, with no curled edges or questionable organic matter sticking the pages together.

Our pledge to you, the dentists: Offer the above 4 items and you will have happy, loyal families who will keep coming back every 6 months, provided their insurance will cover it. Keep my kids happy and you can knock me out with a club before you drill my fillings or use an ice pick to scrape off my tartar.

Okay, I'm kidding about that last part.

Seriously though, we found this exact dentist office yesterday morning. All thanks to the referral of my wonderful friend Jill, whose four children and husband happily skip to this dental clinic.

It is so wonderful that I even made an appointment for myself.

The last time I went to the dentist for a cleaning was . . .well, my 6.5 year old son was around 8 months old.

Of course, I didn't admit that to the receptionist.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah,
Can you make an appointment for me as well? I think Hattie was our only child when a dentist last touched my teeth....

-MR.

Salzwedel Family said...

That sounds delightful!!! Green Bay is only a 2.5 hour drive...I'm thinking that could work for me.

small town girl said...

LOL. I'm going the first week in December, and it's been um...let me just say...quite some time!!! Glad to know I'm not alone in this phobia!

Sawatzky Kids said...

Hehehe Oh the dentist is there anyone who really likes going....? Not in this house for sure! lol
Glad to hear you found someone to make it al little easier though! :)
Shelly and crew

bbbunch said...

Okay...maybe I'm super crazy...but I go every 6 months - no fail. Plus, it's weird because I graduated high school with my dentist. Odd! I'm glad you found a place you are comfortable with! I have been going to the same office since I was 7 (though my dentist retired last year...hence the "young" one!) Happy cleaning lady! Beau has a phobia, but not as bad as his dad that needs sedation! Just a thought...but maybe his parents shouldn't have put Mountain Dew in his bottles as a child? Then, maybe the dentist wouldn't be so much torture?

Becky

Dawn S. said...

Dang, I may want to move to Green Bay for THAT dentist!