Tuesday, October 28, 2008

WBAY Channel 2 Stinks

Dear WBAY Channel 2 Management,

For the past 2 weeks, we have seen the commercial. Over and over and over again. Every kids' quintessential sign that Halloween is just around the corner:



My children were no exception. Heck, my husband and I are no exception. We've been planning this night for days now. We double checked the schedule in the Green Bay Press Gazette Weekly TV Insert. We double checked Yahoo's tv listings.

The children were allowed to miss their dance class. Expensive dance class. No makeups, no refunds.

We carved pumpkins. We listened to spooky Halloween music. We popped popcorn.

We all plunked down on our couch and turned on WBAY Channel 2. And what to our wondering eyes should appear?

Tuesday Night Touchback?!?!?

Are you kidding us?!? Seriously!?!? Do you know on how many levels this is wrong?!?

First of all, THIS WAS A BYE WEEK FOR THE PACKERS!!! There isn't even anything to Touchback this week.

Incredulous, I went to your website. Which, by the way, is way too "busy" and nearly impossible to find a darn thing on. But there it was, halfway down. Miniscule print, a nearly unnoticeable little blue box:

Programming Note

October 28
"Tuesday Night Touchback" airs at 7 P.M.
The annual special "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown"
airs this Saturday, November 1, at 12 Noon.


My turn now:

NEWS FLASH FOR YOU, WBAY CHANNEL 2:

Saturday, November 1 is AFTER Halloween!!!


Shame on you, WBAY Channel 2 news, for trying to pull a fast one like this. Shame on you for your weeks of false advertising.

In closing, we would just like to take this opportunity to remind all of you there,

THERE ARE SOME THINGS IN LIFE MORE IMPORTANT THAN FOOTBALL, EVEN HERE IN GREEN BAY!!!

Namely, watching the Peanuts Holiday Special prior to the actual Holiday. It is a family tradition in MANY a household, and we think you all Stink for messing with it.

Sincerely,
The Highly Disappointed 5 Frozen Chamorros

PS- Your morning weather forecast is always the most inaccurate of all the channels. You should really watch Pete on Channel 11 and copy his. Pete's the bomb.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

cute story to add....
Being the adamant parents we are, we felt like nothing should get in the way of watching this show. We headed to the video store, where the friendly staff responded to my request for the Charlie Brown Halloween video with 'actually, it's on tonight on tv'. I illustrated the power of negative word-of-mouth by sharing our story with them. Of course, it was hard for them to feel too sorry for us since our two oldest kids had candy, alternate videos, and huge smiles on their faces.

Kudos to my wife for sending a polite but heated email to the station for their decision.

I only see one answer to our problem- we've got to move to Seattle (or any other town fickle about their sport teams)!

-Mr.

bbbunch said...

Please please PLEASE tell me you also sent this to them. You Crack. Me. Up! I also agree with you. Watching the Halloween special AFTER Halloween is like listening to Christmas music after Christmas. Can't do it, captain. I will listen to that music from the day after Thanksgiving but something about the "magic" of it all disappears soon after the presents are opened. Until the following year.

I also agree with you about the weather. I, however can not GET Pete anymore due to the whole Time Warner/WLUK controversy. *Sigh* I guess that I, too, will have to do laundry instead. :( (Sidenote: I took a picture of what my dryer looked like last week after drying 1 load of Mikah's clothes. Contents, you ask? 9 pencil top erasers, a toy from Chuck E. Cheese, a "guy" that has on sunglasses and handcuffs and legos. Gotta love boys!)

Becky

Salzwedel Family said...

Shame on you WBAY...shame on you!

Sarah & Crew said...

You bet your bottom dollar I emailed this in to the station, along with the ominous threat:

"and I'm putting all of this on my blog. It has readership!"

Okay, I probably took a wee bit too much of artistic liberty with that last statement, but after their stunt, they deserve to be sweating in their boots!

Amanda said...

Oh THAT is truly terrible. We cuddled up last night, ate rice krispies, drank hot cider and enjoyed that blockhead like we do every year! It's every family's right!

Kudos to you for making it a great night anyway.

blessedfamily said...

ahahahahaha.. Stupid tv station! They thought no one would notice.... I bet they are scrambling over there... I hope they respond to you.

Jen said...

You go girl! Charlie Brown is a staple in every families Hallow-Eve...what's with Nov 1st???

Anonymous said...

THIS WOULD HAVE BEEN THE FIRST YEAR THAT I COULD CARRY ON MY FAMILY TRADITON WITH MY 22 MONTH OLD DAUGHTER. -- SHE IS JUST STARTING TO ACTUALLY SIT AND WATCH TV --. WHEN WE SAT DOWN TO WATCH GOOD OL' CHUCKY BROWN, THE ONLY CHANNEL THAT IT WAS AIRING ON WAS WISN, A MILWAUKEE LOCAL THAT WE DON'T GET. A TRULY GREAT DISAPPOINTMENT

This Mama said...

What a tick off....I second your husband's comment that you should move to Seattle ;)

Melanie said...

We have that on VHS! I would have rushed it to your doorstep to save the day ;-)