Tuesday, October 07, 2008

A Very Good, Very Dear Friend

Miss Anne Marie has been a very good, very dear friend of mine for, well, shall we just say a long time? I do declare that I have no truly good friends who pre-date Anne Marie.

What does a very good, very dear friend bring over in those moments you both simultaneously celebrate (our birth mums appeared!) and worry over (was DNA requested? Is our paperwork in order?) ?

Please keep in mind that we did not drink all 3 bottles this evening. The Mister, Anne Marie and I barely polished one off. One of the remaining bottles is a promise for another wonderful visit in the near future; the other for the Mister and I to enjoy.

A very good, very dear friend is also so connected with you that she even shows in identical dress as her host.

We LOVE you, Anne Marie!! Thank you for the wonderful wine and the even more wonderful visit!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't mean to be politically incorrect, but I look even more flaming than that fabled pic of the 'gay asian guys' on a train in Spain(does that sound like the opening of a joke?).

It was great having AM over. Nothing makes me happier than seeing you enjoying yourself!

-Mr.

Melanie said...

Ok Anne Marie, you win that round...but you just wait until the boys are home...he, he...just kidding...that's wrong...no friend wars...you know though, remember that time I pitted you and Debbie and Michelle against each other in who could make the best dinner for me while Josh was out of town (I ended up with three very nice meals!)...You just might up with an entire cellar of wine ;-)

he, he...
love ya!

Sarah & Crew said...

Hey, I remember that ... I kicked their quiches down the block that week! ;) I'm planning on starting up a little food/friend/wine rival war when we come home with two more kids and I'm too tired to even find my kitchen, lol.

Melanie said...

Bring it on, Anne Marie, Bring it on...

he,he...

check out my blog.