Sunday, October 05, 2008

Miles is FOUR!

Our Dearest Miles,

Hip Hip Hooray, TODAY is your BIRTHDAY!! You are our BIG FOUR year old baby boy!!! We're sending you lots of HUGS and KISSES on this wonderful day!

Do you know how wonderful and special you are? God has BIG and BEAUTIFUL plans for you, and we feel so incredibly honored that our family is part of those plans. We are so excited to watch you learn and grow.

Can you hear those birds singing? They are singing for you today, to wish you a Happy Birthday and many more to come! Those same little birdies were singing on the day you were born to welcome you into this Big Wide World.

I wish I could have held you on the day you were born. I know on that day the sky was blue and that the world became a BETTER place because YOU were here.

Do you know how excited I am for you to come home?!? I cannot wait until you are home and I can HUG and KISS and TICKLE and SING your praises EVERY DAY, both on the good and the not-so-good, too.

I will love you forever and forever and forever.

I cannot wait until you are home and I can start baking cake for you, because I don't know what your favorite kind of cake is. EVERY Mama needs to know what their baby boy's favorite type of cake is. I will bake lots and lots of cakes so we can be ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN what your favorite type of cake is.

Then, next year on your birthday, we will have a HUGE party to celebrate this wonderful day. I will bake you a BIG SPARKLY cake with lots of frosting. We'll have streamers and balloons everywhere, and we'll make special homemade party hats. It will be a glorious day.

Today is a glorious day as well, and we will celebrate you from afar. We do so each and every day until you are home safe in our arms.

We love you from here to the Sun and Moon and back again.
Your Mami and Family





6 comments:

Jen said...

Wow, four years old!! Happy Birthday little man!

Sawatzky Kids said...

THE BIG FOUR!!!!!
What a great birthday post Sarah!!!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG GUY!!!!!!!!!!
Shelly and crew

Aves @ Call of the Phoebe said...

Happy Birthday Miles....soon very soon he will be home forever!!!

aves

bbbunch said...

And now I'm crying. Again. Happy Birthday Miles! We are so excited for you...this is going to be a very BIG year! Sending many kisses, hugs and love from here all the way there...

The B&B bunch

This Mama said...

Happy Birthday little guy!!

small town girl said...

Happy B-day MIles! Cannot wait for the day that you will be home celebrating this birthdays with your family and getting all the special attention you deserve!