Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Introducing. . .Our Little Professor Motormouth

Our little guy's uncanny resemblance to his father just became a whole lot uncannier:


Our Atticus not only bears an uncanny resemblance to the Mister, the nicknames certainly passed through the gene pool as well. When the Mister was a small boy, his mother bestowed two nicknames upon him:

1) "The Professor" because the kid loved to read anything he could get his hands on, and then



2) "Motormouth" because he wouldn't stop talking about all the things he read.

Certainly sounds a lot like our boy here!

Atticus' new glasses arrived today. About a month ago he began complaining of headaches every time we worked on reading, math or violin. I would have thought it was an anxiety issue or an attempt to get out of doing his work, except that Atticus is a kid who genuinely LOVES his schoolwork and violin. His complaints soon evolved from general headaches to dizziness, and off to the eye doctor we went.

Turns out our fellow is farsighted, which is the opposite of his quite nearsighted Mum and Pop. Not only was he farsighted, but his eyes are at different strengths.

Fortunately for us, Atticus thinks it is AWESOME to have eyeglasses. He was so stoked to pick them out. He rejected every single pair that were not the exact same frame color as his Dad's. He picked out the pair himself. I think he did a great job!

Paloma also thinks that eyeglasses ROCK and is always trying to get them off of Atticus:


Upon donning his new specs at the eyedoctor, he exclaimed how well he could read with them!

Happy reading, my boy. I wish you many, many years of happy reading.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Right now I am soooooo proud of my son. What a handsome and smart looking guy he is! I think he looks much better than me in glasses, it must be his mother's influence.

(I'm polishing one hand's set of nails against my chest and blowing on them. I don't know what that means, but it represents my pride- That's my boy!!)

-One Proud Mr.

This Mama said...

Great glasses Atticus - you DO look so much like your father!!

bbbunch said...

Just when I thought it wasn't possible for him to get any cuter...there he is! What a handsome little guy! Happy seeing!

Becky

Sawatzky Kids said...

Hi Dude!
I really like your glasses. I told my mom I want glasses too! Cuz my Dad has glasses too!!! Then we could be the same! I would get red glasses. And I am going to be a pirate for Halloween I hope we get lots of candy! I will save you some of mine okay?
Buddy Jack
I agree you look very handsome Atticus!
Shelly

Sawatzky Kids said...

Hi Dude!
I really like your glasses. I told my mom I want glasses too! Cuz my Dad has glasses too!!! Then we could be the same! I would get red glasses. And I am going to be a pirate for Halloween I hope we get lots of candy! I will save you some of mine okay?
Buddy Jack
I agree you look very handsome Atticus!
Shelly

Wife to the Rockstar said...

He looks mighty handsome.