Wednesday, October 08, 2008

How I Attempt to Wait for Adoption News with a Modicum of Composure

In case you were ever wondering what I do when waiting for adoption news, here's a glimpse at how.

I check my email.

I check my phone.


I put away the Mister's strangely placed jacket (how did it end up there, babe?)

I shoo one of our spooky cats off the table. I don't know which one, though, because they are twins and a full year later, I still cannot tell them apart.

I check my email.

I check the phone.

I bake a scrumptious caramel apple pie for Grandpa Tony's 85th Birthday.

I wear my super cute cherry apron while baking and doing housework. My super cute cherry apron makes me happy.

(See above photo). I let my children wear pajamas all day. After all, if I go upstairs to change their clothing, I might miss the phone call.

I check my email.

I check the phone.

I make my daughter practice the piano. Piano music lowers my blood pressure.

I check my email.

I check my phone.


It's a damn vicious cycle.

8 comments:

Jen said...

I remember those days all too well. Although I never had a super cute cherry apron...

Salzwedel Family said...

Oh my, I know that cycle all too well. I check my e-mail the same way.

ManyBlessings said...

Ah yes...I remember those days too. :) Love the super cute cherry apron. My aprons make me happy too. :)
dawn

small town girl said...

Right back at ya. And I hope you have super-fantastic news soon!

bbbunch said...

You are much cuter at home then I am...also, I don't have a super cute cherry apron either. That might help. Waiting...waiting (patiently?) praying and waiting some more!

Love you!
Becky

Anonymous said...

Sarah,
I fell in love with you initially because of your command of the English language. When you write posts like this, I fall in love with you all over again.

-Mr.

Katy said...

=) Oh, yes, I am there too.

Sawatzky Kids said...

Very informative post! hehehehe Love the pic of you and Miss Paloma! :)
And loving the new blog look!
Shelly