Friday, October 24, 2008

A Great Start to My Morning!

Two hours ago, I created that post title in my mind with a sarcastic edge to it. 4 am (yes, that's 4, on the dot) brought Paloma into our room Wide Awake and channeling Chatty Cathy. 4:30 am popped Cinderella 2 (which has to be one of the worst movies ever made) into our room's VHS player (yes, we are so technologically advanced here). 5:11 am put Paloma's little face an inch above from my sleeping one, her warm little (loud!) breath announcing, "Let's go downstairs Mommy and have pepperoni!" (doesn't she realize her mom's a vegetarian?!?)

But my title no longer has a sarcastic edge to it. No indeed, you will not find this post a sarcastic rant. Why, you ask? Because I woke up to this email from a great Etsy seller, Pretty Organized
letting me know that I won her giveaway:

Okay ma'am, you've got the hat boxes! I was so drawn to your blog it just felt right. I think it was your very handsome boys thay you're waiting for... we check into haitian adoption as well. I know where you are. I'll enjoy checking back to see when you get those cuties. You're right, you're their mom. Check my blog for details on contacting me and letting me know what colors you want!

How COOL is that?!? I have never really won anything before!! I am so stoked that I feel that an Oscar Speech coming on. . .

eh hem. . .

I'd like to thank the Nester for her time, dedication and sacrifice in creating a Handmade Holiday Linky Party. I'd like to thank Pretty Organized for creating such an incredible product and for having such a sweet, giving heart. I'd like to thank my dear friend Melanie for her email inspiring me to enter the free giveaways. I'd like to thank my dear Mister, because he works so hard to stay employed at his company which pays for our high speed internet. But most of all, I'd like to thank the little people. . .Hattie, Atticus, Keenan, Miles, Paloma---I'm talking about you guys. Without you adorable little beings and the inordinate amounts of books, papers, toys, dolls, clothing, shoes and mismatched mittens generated by all of you, I never would have been so unorganized that I would feel the need to enter such a giveaway.

When my beautiful trophy. . .errr, hat boxes arrive, I will be certain to post a photo in which I pose with these treasures in a very Vanna-esque style. Maybe I'll even where heels for the photo. If I can find the one pair I own. Which I bought before I had children. Which I have no idea where they are located.

See?!? See the disorganization here? Yes, indeed, I so deserve this little bit of pretty organization :)

4 comments:

bbbunch said...

Ahhh...you and I could've talked this A.M. EARLY! Bella woke up at 3:30 (fever of 102.3) and didn't go back to sleep. I turned on the TV...Yo Gabba Gabba has to be one of the most annoying shows out there. Anyway, congrats on the boxes!
Beck

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I never heard of any of these sites, but boy am I having FUN going through them all. I'm turning into an addict, he he!

Anonymous said...

Sarah,
Didn't we win a free toaster if we'd sit in on a timeshare meeting? ;)

Seriously, congratulations on the pretty boxes. It must be a sign- good things will come to the female parent that wakes up early to be with Paloma. I think you should try that out for a month or so. And, to show my support, I'll avoid offering to help out so that I maximize your opportunities!! That's what I am for you, honey, a supportive person who only wants to help you get the most out of life. I love you!

-Mr.

Sarah & Crew said...

Bite me, Mr.

(and no, I don't mean this literally, so don't even go there in your counter-comment, lol!)