Monday, September 29, 2008

A Ragamuffin for My Little Ragamuffin

I saw this idea some time back on The Nester's blog (of course! I love that woman!), and have wanted to make one since. Of course "life" happens, and sometimes ideas just sit and become cobwebby in the back of one's mind.

Lately, though, they kept popping up on various blogs that I stumbled across, which I took as a sign that now was my time to embark on the Ragamuffin Garland Express. Ideally, of course, you are to make these out of leftover fabrics or clothing to be thrown away, of which I had none that would work for the garland I had in my mind's eye. So, I stopped in at Hobby Lobby before we hightailed it up to the lake, all set to make a Ragamuffin Garland for little Miss Pona's bedroom.

After several hours of cutting and ripping, had all my pretties laid out in a row, waiting to be knotted.

See how pretty it looks knotted on? So delicious looking I could eat it!


I hung it up instead of a valance in her bedroom. I love the fact that each of our bedrooms have large window seats, and I didn't want to hide it with a heavy window treatment.



We bought all the materials to make two smaller ones for Hatfield's room, to hang on the footboards of each bed of her bunkbed. I am all about a simple craft that require no gluing, sewing or intricate pattern to follow. They're addicting, I tell you.

*** Click here for a tutorial courtesy of Darlene's Days.

6 comments:

blessedfamily said...

Very Pretty! Looks good against the dark wood.

Excellent job. Now, can you teach me!??!?

Melanie said...

Love it! I can't wait to make one or two or three...just think, we can make holiday themed ones! I'm so on this bandwagon...It looks so easy even Debbie could do it ;-)

A Blessed Life said...

Absolutely adorable! I'm with Melanie - I would like to do holiday themed ones.

Jen said...

Sooo cute! I have tons of fabric. I need to make one too. Did it take long?

Amanda said...

Very neat! Off to see how it's done!

Sawatzky Kids said...

Very pretty Sarah! I am already planning all the places I could hang a cool one in my house! lol
Shelly