Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Wish I Had Good News To Report

Well, Monday came and went, and our birth parent interview never happened.

To clarify for you non-adopting folks out there, the U.S. government requires that all living birth parents be dragged into the Embassy for a big inquisition, so that the government can determine whether or not the parents gave up their children in a legal manner. 'Cuz they don't think Haiti can figure that one out in the course of their own billion-step adoption process.

Sigh.

Sunday night I thought I'd have to title this post, "Come Hell or High Water," because I thought for certain that if the birth parent interview did NOT happen, it would be due to Tropical Storm Fay.

Nope.

Our dear orphanage director contacted our birth parents again on Sunday evening, to reiterate the travel plan. Both agreed.

Monday morning comes, and M gets up bright and early for the drive to pick them up. She's there at 8, the agreed upon time. Friends/family of the birth parents say, "Oh yes, they'll be here by 9."

9 comes and goes.

10 comes and goes.

The clock hits 10:30. Still no show.

At that point, the director has no choice but to leave. The appointment time would be well past if they did arrive, and she has a huge orphanage to run and relocate.

I'm over feeling upset. Over feeling frustrated. Right now I just feel saddened by this whole ordeal.

I just want these two beautiful little guys HOME.

9 comments:

A Blessed Life said...

Oh, I am so sorry. It's a wonder any of the kids actually get home. Very, very frustrating indeed!

Salzwedel Family said...

I'm so sorry. There is no explanation to this process.

Beau said...

Oh Sarah...my heart is aching for your family right now. I am so sorry. We'll keep you in our prayers.

Becky

Sawatzky Kids said...

Sarah...I don't even know what to say...(there's a first!;) I am so sorry for this set back! You all our continuosly in my prayers!
{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}
shelly

Katy said...

I'm so sorry for your heartache....for me it already feels that there is no end in sight some days to this process. Praying your day to celebrate comes SOON.

Aves @ Call of the Phoebe said...

Sorry to hear such news...it all seems to be so crazy sometimes!!

aves

Jen said...

Grrrr....this is beyond ridiculous!

small town girl said...

Wow, what is the deal with that. Sooo sorry, it makes me hurt with you. The picture of your two little guys is adorable. I pray this will be finished SOON!

My Three Girls (The A girls) said...

I am so sorry.I can not even imagine how that felt.

They are such cute little guys,