Thursday, August 07, 2008

Up, Up and Away

The morning has brought about the last minute, mad-dash flurry of packing, as the children and I are off for a 4 day Up North holiday. I, of course, am avoiding all packing responsibilities for the moment, hiding out in the basement, delighting in my cup of vanilla caramel coffee and perusing my favorite blog roll. The children are begging this Mama to bring Wanda the Wonder Dog, and nearly enough coffee is coursing through my veins to actually convince me that IT COULD BE FUN to take a hyper Border Collie, along with a tantrum-prone 2 year old, a non-stop talking, violin-toting 6 year old, and a 10-year old who loves nothing more than to convince her family to play 5-hour long games of Littlest Pet Shop Monopoly.

The Mister will join us later, after his work week, provided that he first doesn't drown while out kayaking is his not-yet-up-to-safety-standards kayak since the ordered supplies have not yet arrived. Drowning would be tragic, as would his mood if he were to sink the kayak and yet somehow survive himself.

God willing, I will post a triumphant survival note later this weekend. Plus I have some photos of my new window mistreatments to post, and you know what that means: I get to have the nester's Mistreatment Club flashing bloggy thing on my site! My blog's coolness level will certainly rise with that one, and I can't wait!

Have a good one!
Sarah

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sarah,
Its a lonely house without your presence and the absence of the kids create an uncomfortable silence. Your husband doesn't feel at home without you and our family.

-Mr. C
PS- Ernie is absolutely miserable as well. We're a couple of chubby codgers....