I was greatly surprised and delighted to learn that the boys' medical exams (required by the Consulate for the Visa) were performed and the reports are completed.
One. Big. Whew!
Our birth parent interviews have been rescheduled for Sept. 10th. At first slightly disappointed to hear that date, I soon realized that it was just 2 little weeks away. After 16 months of waiting, I am pro enough to handle 2 little ol' weeks. Plus, Sara astutely pointed out that with Hurricane Gustav and the resulting shut down of some government offices, it is probably better to have a little breathing room in there so we aren't at risk of having it postponed again.
IF we can get the parents in and IF the interviews go well and IF the Consulate has no issues with our adoption paperwork, then we could be getting the boys mid-September.
Notice that's a whole lotta "if's."
I won't venture into "If Not" land just yet, as that completely deflates me. For now, I'm happy riding this little high of good news.