Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Inching Forward

Haiti news!

I was greatly surprised and delighted to learn that the boys' medical exams (required by the Consulate for the Visa) were performed and the reports are completed.

One. Big. Whew!

Our birth parent interviews have been rescheduled for Sept. 10th. At first slightly disappointed to hear that date, I soon realized that it was just 2 little weeks away. After 16 months of waiting, I am pro enough to handle 2 little ol' weeks. Plus, Sara astutely pointed out that with Hurricane Gustav and the resulting shut down of some government offices, it is probably better to have a little breathing room in there so we aren't at risk of having it postponed again.

IF we can get the parents in and IF the interviews go well and IF the Consulate has no issues with our adoption paperwork, then we could be getting the boys mid-September.

Notice that's a whole lotta "if's."

I won't venture into "If Not" land just yet, as that completely deflates me. For now, I'm happy riding this little high of good news.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am happy to hear the news. I hope that you all are doing well. Cliff, just tear the band aid off like your Dad would have.lol...I understand, I would leave the band aid on evan if it took years to fall off. You all take care and good luck in Sept. Lastly, beautiful family. Take Care TJ and Family

Beau said...

Me too! I'll ride it with you!

Love ya, and glad to hear some good news :)

Beck

small town girl said...

Praying. Hoping it's gonna happen soon!!! Still procrastinating on my photo albums because I need some good photo opportunities...maybe this week-end with the opening of college football (hope that wont scare them lol) Anyway, I am so praying for your progress. I cannot wait till those sweet boys are home!

Chapter Two Manmi said...

Yeah! Praise God!
By the way, while visiting my parents' home with our kids a couple of weeks ago, they (kids) discovered a game like Scramble from my youth. It had only one side and you raced a clock to finish and they loved it. I didn't think they made it anymore, but I'll take a look for this one for Christmas. I'm sure it will be loved. And wow--good job in finding every single piece!

Sawatzky Kids said...

Great news Sarah! Hopefully this time around it will ALL work out! :)
Shelly

Wife to the Rockstar said...

You are getting SO close!!!

I hope they are home really soon!!!!!