Saturday, August 02, 2008

The Great Corn Cob War




2008 Tally to Date:

Sarah: ONE
Squirrels: A BIG FAT ZIPP-O

For those of you unfamiliar, you can click HERE to find out just what those beady-eyed, rat-faced squirrel bastards did to my corn last year.

This year though. . . bwwaaahahahahahah!!! Complete Victory is MINE!!!



I am so FLIPPIN' HAPPY that I DON'T EVEN CARE that I'm photographed in my ratty, stretched-out and faded swimsuit (that's pretty darn happy, 'cuz under normal, not-high-on-my-victory circumstances, I would never publish these.)

Rows of Chubby Checkers Corn, slowly ripening for the picking!

(If I was a SUPER COOL blogger, I would have Queen's We are the Champions playing in the background. Alas, I am only just cool enough to beat squirrels at their own game.)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

First, congratulations on winning the war.

Second, I think we should commemorate (sp?) this by having an annual Running of the Squirrels celebration where we wear yellow and white clothes and run down the street chased by those dangerous squirrels, no doubt full of anger for having been deprived of corn.

Third, I love you. You are sexy when you have such a sense of humor! RRRRRRRR!

-Cliff

Melanie said...

There is no topping Cliff's comment...but I think you look sexy too...wait a minute! Congrats on the corn sucess!

Sawatzky Kids said...

Fight on Corn Warrior...Fight on!!!!

small town girl said...

WhooHoo Corn Princess! Protect your turf! Fight the good fight!

Beau said...

I particularly enjoy Paloma's face in the background...like - um, Mom...what exactly are you doing and as soon as I am done with this popsicle I want a turn too! Oh, corn boy will be so proud of you! Congrats - icky squirrels anyway!
Love ya,
Beck

Aves @ Call of the Phoebe said...

Congratulations on winning THIS battle......I am sure the squirrels are calculating for next year....now, it is just a cold war...LOL The corn looks great. I am jealous of your garden...safe to say I have garden envy!!!

aves

Salzwedel Family said...

Take that foul vermin! Congrats on your victory.

Jen said...

Woohooo!!! Take that squirrels!!